[MacPerl] server error

I'm fairly new to CGI's, so if this is dumb, please be patient.

I used one of Matt's Scripts (the perl archive) called wwwboard. You've
probably seen it, it's all over the place. My site is virtual hosted on
a machine running UNIX. I found an ftp program that can handle
permissions, and think that I did the part of assigning permissions
correctly. I also think I made the adjustments to the script correctly.
The only thing that I can detect that went wrong is that the perl script
is in Mac form. When I try to submit the data from the form to the
script I get a Server Error message. The server encountered an internal
error or misconfiguration.

Is my problem that the script is in Mac form on a Unix machine? Can
anyone tell me how to remedy this?

Is my problem more probably that I wrote something wrong?
I made a folder "wwwboard"  I put everything but the script in that
folder. The script went into my "cgi-local" folder.

I appreciate your help

Josh McCormack

www.travelersdiary.com

(the form is www.travelersdiary.com/wwwboard
the script has been pasted into html and is at
www.travelersdiary.com/script.html)