Re: [MacPerl] Howto import modules ...

> Hello MacPerlers
>
> Axel Rose wrote:
> >My MacPerl applets can now "use" modules and run without
> >further installations of files, i.e. real standalone applications.

> >Here is a summary of the necessary steps
>
> For further facilitation of this process I wrote a small droplet which
> saves all needed modules of a script as 'TEXT' resources in a ".rsrc"-File
> when dropped on it:
>
> "ExtractModules.dp"
> #=================================================

Hi,

I just tried your extracting script.

I tried to use it with a simple demo script that came with MacPerl (I think):
Here's the script:

> #!perl
> #
> # Print name of the Machine as defined in Sharing Setup
> #
> use Mac::Resources;
> use Mac::Types;
> use Mac::Memory;
>
> $res = CurResFile();
> UseResFile(0);
> $name = Get1Resource('STR ', -16413);
> print MacUnpack('STR ', $name->get), "\n";
> UseResFile($res);

Dropping this script on 'ExtractModules.dp' produced a .rsrc file containg
the following text resources:

> 5000 2617 " Mac:Types.pm "
> 5001 2450 " Carp.pm "
> 5002 11201 " Config.pm "
> 5003 2244 " Symbol.pm "
> 5004 1824 " Fcntl.pm "
> 5005 85 " auto:Fcntl:autosplit.ix "
> 5006 11780 " Exporter.pm "
> 5007 1327 " Mac:Memory.pm "
> 5008 840 " Mac:Resources.pm "
> 5009 976 " vars.pm "
> 5010 2200 " AutoLoader.pm "
> 5011 1028 " SelectSaver.pm "
> 5012 21955 " DynaLoader.pm "
> 5013 11747 " IO:Handle.pm "

I saved a runtime version and then installed the ressources as you said.
The resulting standalone app gave me this error:

> # # Can't locate auto/DynaLoader/dl_findfile.al in @INC.
> File 'AutoLoader.pm'; Line 26
>
> File 'Dev:Pseudo:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 130
> # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
> File 'Macintosh_HD:Desktop Folder:GetMacName'; Line 5
> # Unbalanced scopes: 1 more ENTERs than LEAVEs
> # Unbalanced saves: 93 more saves than restores

Any idea of what could have happened?

Stef.

                        mailto:jose.stephane@uqam.ca