Re: [MacPerl] Running application

claes@canit.se (Claes Bjorklund) writes:
}Hi
}
}I am a beginner in Macperl. My project now is to run an application from a
}cgi-script, my problem is when I am running the application in the script
}the script stops before the application is finish
}Have try with the commant 'wait' but macperl doesn't accept
}I am very glad if someone can help me
}The script is below

It's because you're using AppleScript to run the program, and AppleScript
cares or doesn't care that something is "finished" based on obscure (to me)
reasons, although I bet an expert in AppleEvents can explain it.  You've
got two not very thrilling choices. Put a sleep($n); just before your
open() statement, where $n contains the number of seconds it's likely to
take for your SPSS run to complete.  Or do the same thing inside the
AppleScript with one of the OSAXen that can wait.  I don't know if any of
the OSAX do anything more than putting the processor in a tight loop,
though, so the Perl solution is probably better.

}
}Regards
}
}\Claes
}
}#!perl
}print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
}
}$test='HD850:Pub:test2.sps';
}$out='HD850:Pub:test2.sps Output';
}   Get the input
}   read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
}
}    Split the name-value pairs
}   @pairs = split(/&/, $buffer);
}
}   foreach $pair (@pairs) {
}      ($name, $value) = split(/=/, $pair);
}
}      $value =~ tr/+/ /;
}     $value =~ s/%([a-fA-F0-9][a-fA-F0-9])/pack("C", hex($1))/eg;
}
}      $FORM{$name} = $value;
}   }
}
}$synt=$FORM{'synta'};
}open(SYNTAX,">$test");
}print SYNTAX "$synt";
}close(SYNTAX);
}MacPerl::DoAppleScript(<<END_SCRIPT);
}tell application "Finder"
}        activate
}        select file "test2.sps" of folder "Pub" of startup disk
}        open selection using file "SPSS Production Mode" of folder "SPSS
}6.1" of folder "Program" of startup disk
}end tell
}END_SCRIPT
}open(INPUT,"$out") || die "error in perl";
}print "<pre>\n";
}print <INPUT>;
}print "</pre></html>\n";
}