RE: [MacPerl] how to avoid fork() for a Mac based server

I wrote a Syslog daemon for the Macintosh. It is complete
and native. Here's the location:

	FTP://btc2.up.net/pub/users/time/syslog.sea.hqx

includes the source.

Morning!

Has anybody got an example of how to circumvent the use of fork()
when implementing a server?

Im my case I have the need to rewrite parts of the syslogd daemon
on the Mac. There are plenty of examples around but all of them
use fork() to be able to accept new connections. (it is a UDP
based server)

In the mailing list archive I found a note from Matthias statiting
that one could use select() to achieve a similar functionality.

Some code pieces is all I need (probably :))

Axel

---
Axel Rose              | In the novel I never wrote, I wanted the hero
SPRINGER & JACOBY      | to be a computer programmer because it was the
Werbung GmbH           | most poetic and romantic occupation I could
rose@ sj.com           | think of... -- John Updike, "The Music School"