[MacPerl] REQ: slirp type thingie for mac?

Hello People,

	Apologies in advance if my question is irrelevent to this list;
Having lurked here for a longtime, I know someone somewhere has the
answer :)

	I work with perl extensively, mostly on distributed applications
making use of tcp/udp; Normally, direct internet connectivity is a
given either via slip/ppp or, slirp (when using linux);

	I ported a finished perl app to macperl recently, and immediately
ran into hot water wrt IP connectivity. I need to convince this mac
that it has IP connectivity where infact the only access it has is
a dialup acct to a unix box on the remote end (where slirp can be run).

	I did this with a linux box before but I'm stumped when it
came to the macbox. If anyone has "been there, dun it" (ie, faked IP
on mac using slirp or similar on the remote end), please drop me a
line. :-)

TIA,
-bandi