[MacPerl] MacPerl spewing garbage

I hope this is the right address for the mailing list, and I apologize if
this is a FAQ, although I didn't see it listed in the FAQ.

I recently upgraded to version 5.1.3r2 of Mac Perl. I have a script that
needs to be a droplet... since I prefer to do my editing in BBEdit, I
created a droplet that just says

	require "suck.pl";
	system("suck.pl");

and runs the actual script. That way I can edit the script in BBEdit and I
don't have to re-create the droplet file each time.

My problem is, since I've upgraded, MacPerl now spews out a ton of garbage
as soon as the script terminates. When I was running version 4, I got an
error message saying that "do_spawn()" was not implemented on the
Macintosh.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is "system" the right way to call my
script from within the droplet?

Thanks in advance,

--Art

National Ska/Reggae Calendar: www.ziplink.net/~upsetter/ska/calendar.html