Re: [MacPerl] statistical analysis (not web stuff!)

At 20.53 97/6/10, Mike Hammond wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I'm trying to find out if anybody has scripts taht will let me do simple
>statistical analysis using MacPerl. I want things like chi-square, anovas,
>and regressions.
>
>I could try writing these myself, but agh!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Any help here would be appreciated.

According to CPAN's Module list, here are the Math and Statistics modules
available.  I can't guarantee they will all work, but my guess is that most
will work without any modification under MacPerl.

        http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/00modlist.long.html
        http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Math/
        http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/Statistics/

6) Data Types and Data Type Utilities (see also Database Interfaces)

Name           DSLI  Description                                  Info
-----------    ----  -------------------------------------------- -----
Math::
::Amoeba       Rdpr  Multidimensional Function Minimisation       JARW
::Approx       adpO  Approximate x,y-values by a function         ULPFR
::BigFloat     SupO  Arbitrary size floating point math package   MARKB
::BigInt       SupO  Arbitrary size integer math package          MARKB
::BigInteger   adc   Arbitrary size integer as XS extension       GARY
::BigRat       ?     Arbitrary size rational numbers (fractions)  MARKB
::Brent        Rdpr  One-dimensional Function Minimisation        JARW
::Complex      SdpO  Complex number data type                     RAM
::Derivative   Rdpr  1st and 2nd order differentiation of data    JARW
::Fortran      Rdpf  Implements Fortran log10 & sign functions    JARW
::Fraction     adpO  Fraction Manipulation                        KEVINA
::IEEE         i     Interface to ANSI/IEEE Std 754-1985 funcs
::LinearProg   idp   Linear programming utilities                 JONO
::Matrix       adpO  Matrix data type (transpose, multiply etc)   ULPFR
::MatrixCplx   idpO  Matrix data type for Complex Numbers         STBEY
::MatrixReal   RdpO  Everything you ever wanted to do with Matr.  STBEY
::Pari         adcf  Interface to the powerful PARI library       ILYAZ
::Prime        i     Prime number testing                         GARY
::RandomPrime  i     Generates random primes of x bits            GARY
::SigFigs      bdpf  Math using scientific significant figures    SBECK
::Spline       RdpO  Cubic Spline Interpolation of data           JARW
::Trig         bdpf  tan asin acos sinh cosh tanh sech cosech     JARW
::TrulyRandom  i     based on interrupt timing discrepancies      GARY
::VecStat      Rdpr  Some basic numeric stats on vectors          JARW
::ematica      adcO  Interface to the powerful Mathematica system ULPFR

Statistics::
::LTU          RdpO  Implements Linear Threshold Units            TOMFA
::Descriptive  RdpO  Descriptive statistical methods              COLINK !
::ChiSquare    Rdpf  Chi Square test - how random is your data?   JONO

--
Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6'])