Re: [MacPerl] REQ: slirp type thingie for mac? (fwd)

According to Chris Nandor:

> I am thinking you are incorrect.  If I get what he is saying, he is saying
> that his Mac does not have an IP address.  If he DOES have an IP address,
> then I don't see how there would be a problem.

I believe (if I remember his post correctly) that he could
connect to his ISP but he could not figure out how to get
the IP address in MacPerl.

As with most Macs connecting through ISPs - his Mac is
being assigned a dynamic IP address each time it connects.
So you have to figure it out each time you connect to the
ISP.  Well, you, Paul, Matthias, and a couple of other
people on here have repeatedly said (and it works too!) to
use the

	$hostname = `hostname`;

command in order to get the ISP's dynamic IP address.
Under Linux, after connecting to an ISP you have to do an

	ifconfig

in order to determine what your IP address is (at least
that is how >I< determine it).  That's what I took his
request to be.  :-)