Re: [MacPerl] Usenet: comp.lang.perl.mac ... ?

At 8:53 AM -0400 6/11/97, Chris Nandor wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here had opinions as to whether or not there
> should be a MacPerl newsgroup in the c.l.p. hierarchy.
>
> Personally, I am not know in favor of such a move.  But perhaps others have
> some arguments I had not thought of.

I wouldn't be in favor of a newsgroup. The mailing list brings the messages
into my MacPerl mailbox in Eudora and I can easily archive them from there
in a couple of different formats. I wouldn't want the unwanted traffic that
a newsgroup carries brought into the list. I think the mailing list would
reach more folks than the news feed would (but I may be wrong about this).
Depending on the mlm that this list is run on, it is easier to control
unsub messages and spam on a mailing list.

Let me see; can I think of any good reasons for a newsgroup? I don't get
all of the mail from the mailing list? Well, that's what filters are for.

My humble opinions.

pf