Re: [MacPerl] MacLWP

Xiao-Jun Ma <xma@millennianet.com> writes:
}I wanted to do some work with the LWP tool on the Mac. I downloaded the
}Mac version of LWP-perl5, and put the LWP modules plus MIME into the
}MacPerl lib folder. The following script gave me lots of errors when I did
}"Check Syntax":

When you're having problems with a script, don't just say you got "lots of
errors".  *Show us the error messages*, at least a representative sample
them.  It's impossible to even guess why you're getting them otherwise.
Needless to say, your script works just fine for me.

}
}use LWP::Simple;
}
}$doc = get "http://www.yahoo.com";
}print $doc;

You'll be happier with either

getprint "http://www.yahoo.com";

or

$doc = get "http://www.yahoo.com";
$doc =~ s/\012/\015/g;
print $doc;

}END
}
}For it actually to work, I need to add proxy functions. If anybody has
}experience dealing with these things, please give me some setup
}suggestions.

Start up Shuck, and open the lwpcook.pod which is included in the Stuffit
archive.  It tells you exactly what to do.

}
}Thanks.
}
}Xiao-Jun Ma