[MacPerl] Does MacPerl support Apple Events?

Hi, I'm trying to write some CGI's to serve my Filemaker Pro database on the
Web. I'm trying to find the best language to use, and I thought MacPerl looked
good.  I need to know if it has the capability to use Apple Events to
send and receive data to/from FMPro.  I have no idea how to use Apple
Events to do this (I think it must be possible somehow); I just need to know
if I should invest any time with MacPerl.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joseph Candelora
Center for Research on Parallel Computation
Rice University