[MacPerl] Perl launching an Applescript

I'm very new to Perl, but have been using Applescript for a while. My
question: How can you have a Perl script fire off an Applescript? Or can
you?

I have an Applescript that I need to run on several macs; but before I
can run it, several Scripting Additions have to be added. I'm using Perl
to put them in the right folder. After it does that, I'd like for it to
start my Applescript. Is that possible?

I'd try to do it all in Perl, but with my limited knowledge it would
take weeks or months.