[MacPerl] Two Byte ASCII

This isn't exactly a Perl question, but folks on this BB
seem to know quite a bit about related CGI issues.

Question:

Where are the specifications for two byte ascii that is
used in HTML for non-Latin alphabets. Asking Netscape's
tech support line has drawn a blank. Also, who is providing
the font mappers for 2-byte ASCII. I am most interested in
Japanese, Chinese and Russian. But, Greek and Korean are
also of interest.

Also, does anyone know of a clean HTNL to EPS processor.
In otherwords, a straightforward print utility capable
of interpretting HTML. I need the source, because I need
to hack some additions.

Thanks,

Ray Lauzzana
Penrose Press