Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and non-Roman Systems

Gero Herrmann wrote:

> I was wondering whether anybody on the list has experience with MacPerl on
> non-Roman versions of Mac OS.
>
> I use the Japanese Mac OS 7.6.1 on a Power Macintosh 7200, and whenever
> MacPerl is running problems tend to appear with the display font in
> windows' titlebars.  Sooner or later, their font changes from Osaka to
> Geneva, rendering illegible any Japanese text in any titlebar, usually
> until the next restart.  (With the Chinese Language Kit installed, the font
> occasionally switches to *Beijing* as well -- i.e. generally to the
> Application Font of a different script system.)

Yes, I have the same problem. I'm using,
1)Macintosh Performa 588 with System 7.5J, and
2)PowerMac 8100/80 with System 7.5.5J.

I'm now testing "FreeFonter1.0" by Tina Ke, with this program you can
choose the font in title bar. This program seems to work well.

Oh!
Can we solve this problem by using a perl script ?

Toshiaki Fujiwara
fujiwara@wellmet.or.jp