Re: [MacPerl] Mac OS 7.5.5 vs 7.6

mark@cheers.jsc.nasa.gov (Mark Manning/Muniz Eng.) write:
>A slightly off topic discussion question here.  :-)

... mollified at least by the fact that you ask about MacPerl, too.
Folks, please keep the discussion short (and maybe even in private mail to
Mark, unless you have very important & authoritative news and/or relevance to
MacPerl.).

>I just installed OS 7.6 on my PPC at home.  My question is
>- is it worth the hassle?

Don't know. Presumably, 7.6.1 should be preferable over 7.6.

>But I need 7.6 if I'm ever going to get and use a 6.5GB HD
>as the internal hard drive.

Why? Has the file system changed?

>Any suggestions?  Also (the MacPerl question), are there
>any "gotcha's" I should know about with MacPerl?  Like - do
>I have to re-install it or anything like that?  TIA!  :-)

MacPerl tries to mostly keep its hands off the System folder; if I remember
correctly, the only system folder item currently installed is /etc/services.

MacPerl should run fine with 7.6; I currently do most of my development work on
a beta release of MacOS 8 and have never noticed any OS related glitches (If
you can afford to wait a bit longer, BTW, System 8 should work quite well. I'm
quite pleased with the overall stability of b5 already and can't wait to get
the finished product (offers of a free CD will be gladly considered :-)).

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground