[MacPerl] Mac OS 7.5.5 vs 7.6

A slightly off topic discussion question here.  :-)

I just installed OS 7.6 on my PPC at home.  My question is
- is it worth the hassle?  So far I'm not really impressed
with it.  I've not tried MacPerl on it yet (working my way
through everything) but many of the 68k programs I could
run under OS 7.5.5 will not run correctly under OS 7.6.
But I need 7.6 if I'm ever going to get and use a 6.5GB HD
as the internal hard drive.

Any suggestions?  Also (the MacPerl question), are there
any "gotcha's" I should know about with MacPerl?  Like - do
I have to re-install it or anything like that?  TIA!  :-)