[MacPerl] Q: How do YOU generate debugging output?

Is there "The Right Way" to enter debugging comments into code?

Is there "The Wrong Way" to enter debugging comments?

Here's how *I* do it...

[code here]

($debug) && print "High level debugging comment";
($debug > 1) && print "Some low level stuff if required";
($debug > 2) && do
{
    complex_task_A();
    if ($OSNAME eq "MacOS")
    {
        [Mac specific stuff, eg: set file type];
        display_continue_dialog();
    }
    else
    {
        prompt_user_to_continue();
    }
    complex_task_B();
}

[generic code continues]

Also, do you recommend leaving debugging comments in production code, or do
you prefer to strip it out before handing it over to the client?

Let me know your ideas, I'll summarise and post if anything interesting
comes out of this :-)

Thanks,
-Alex

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company.