[MacPerl] How to check userid and password any way?

Hi!

even though this is not a Unix perl mailing list, Unix questions have
been post before, so here comes my question.

Any of you knows how can I check the user ID and password and get the
working directory of a user in a UNIX machine, I want to do this through
system calls not reading the passwd since most of the time the password
is not there :)

Thanks

       ,--o
     _-\\_<,_      let's bike!!!!
    (*)/' (*)
Sebastian Bernstein               |          Find me on the Web
On IRC: BuabcO                    |
E-Mail: buabco@the-lair.com       |                 AT
        buabco@usa.net            |
        buabco@hotmail.com        |  WWW: http://www.uai.cl/~burton