Re: [MacPerl] Apple Events (was: Checking user-id's and paswords)

At 6.57 7/22/97, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>>I have heard of some software having difficulty with AEs under Mac OS
>>8, especially when dealing directly with the Finder.
>
>Don't you think that this could be due to some changes in the parameters of
>Finder AppleEvents rather than changes in the AEManager? The MacPerl
>application sends lots of AppleEvents and I haven;t noticed any problems.

Yes, I think that is precisely the problem, but I haven't seen more than a
few reports here and there, so I couldn't be sure.

When I get MacOS 8 in a few weeks I'll run some test on different apps and
a more intensive suite on the Finder and see what I turn up.  Hopefully by
then more specific developer information on the problems will have turned
up.  I'll do some checking in the meantime.

--
Chris Nandor             pudge@pobox.com             http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])