Re: [MacPerl] Apple Events (was: Checking user-id's and paswords)

pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) writes:
>At 3.38 7/22/97, Jon Warbrick wrote:
>>Of course the problem for many of us is that, while we may or may not
>>be competent with Perl, we simply don't know enough about Apple Event
>>programming to use the Apple Event interface in place of Apple
>>Script.
>
>Understood.  Which is why I am freely tossing around examples for all to
>share.  :-)

Most appreciated.

>Speaking of AEs ... Matthias, has AppleEvents.pm been tested under Mac OS
>8?

Not as such (Right now, I'm building CFM68K modules, a surprisingly work
intensive task). But all the underlying mechanics have been tested.

>I have heard of some software having difficulty with AEs under Mac OS
>8, especially when dealing directly with the Finder.

Don't you think that this could be due to some changes in the parameters of
Finder AppleEvents rather than changes in the AEManager? The MacPerl
application sends lots of AppleEvents and I haven;t noticed any problems.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground