Re: [MacPerl] printing

Some time around 8/6/97 3:26 PM , Haris Husain wrote something about

>Hello... anyone out there?
>

>I am having trouble figuring out how to use the print until feature of the
>print function in MacPerl.
>
>supposedly it is supposed to work like this:
>

>print << "end_tag"
>.
>.
>.
>.
>end_tag
>

>but when I compile this, it says it cannot find the end_tag.
>

>please reply soon, i am developing a script for WWW at a short time notice,
>and this is screwing me up.
>
>-haris

It always works for me, _EXCEPT_ if the end_tag is not followed by a
carriage return.  If the end_tag is the last line of a script, just go to
the end of the script and hit return a couple of times.

Also, if you write "pretty" code, with indented lines, make sure that:

1) there are no tabs or spaces before the end_tag
2) that the end_tag is flush left on the page
3) and that it is the only item on that line (no following comment on the
same line, put it on the next line)

Hope this helps,

Dave Beverly
webmaster@thecitizennews.com -- http://www.thecitizennews.com/
Mac Manipulator
"I don't do windows!"

**
MacOS is an operating system; OS/2 is half an operating system; windoze
is a shell; DOS is a boot partition virus... where do you want to go
today?