Re: [MacPerl] Re: MacPerl and localtime(time-offset) problem

At 07.22 8/7/97, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>>I just tested under Perl 5.1.4b2, and it still fails.  Hm.
>
>b2 ? Where did you get that? If I'd known someone had done b2 already, I
>wouldn't have bothered to release b1 earlier this week :-)
>
>What was the exact test case that failed? (You can send it off-line to me, I
>guess).

Of course, I meant b1.  Brain fry.  Anyway, the following should I think)
but does not work under MacPerl 5.1.4b1:

print localtime(time - 1);

It does work under UNIX perl5.003 (and up).

>>Oh, and CGI.pm dosen't seem to be in lib/ ... ?
>
>That was a deliberate choice, as I assumed that CGI.pm as shipped in 5.004
>wouldn't have worked on the Mac out of the box anyway, so I planned on getting
>Paul's version to include in later releases. I probably *won't* include CPAN.pm
>at all, unless somebody comes up with a pretty convincing port.

As Paul said, CGI.pm works fine under MacPerl.  Might have to change
something.  Agreed on CPAN.  Might be able to get SOME of the functionality
out of it, but the main purpose -- to install stuff manually -- would be
tough for some things, impossible for others.

>>And the man pages are not all there.
>
>This was not deliberate (I know they aren't in the Help index yet, though).
>Which manpages are missing?

Well, all of them.  New pages are missing (perlfaq[1-9], perldelta, etc.)
and the ones that are there are old ones.

BTW, with MacPerl 5.1.4b1 running on MacOS 8, AppleEvents.pm seems fine.  :-)

--
Chris Nandor             pudge@pobox.com             http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])