Re: [MacPerl] Using MacPerl to send mail by SMTP (fwd)

According to Paul J. Schinder:

> Use Net::SMTP, part of the libnet package.  A MacPerl ready version of
> libnet can be found at <ftp://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/MacPerl/Scripts/>.

Paul,

This past weekend I was working with the Net::SMTP package
and I tried using one of the examples found in the file.
It didn't want to work properly.  I found out that the main
reason was that all of the examples used the single quote
but that MacPerl required the double quote.  Is this just
my weird system or are all of the "'" supposed to be '"'?
Just wondering.

Example:

	The file contains:

	$smtp = Net::SMTP->new( 'mailhost' );