Re: [MacPerl] Bug report on 5.14b1 (fwd)

"Brian L. Matthews" <blm@halcyon.com> writes:
}
}I'm not Paul, but the answer is that DOS (and hence Windows) has
}accepted forward slash as a path separator for a long time (maybe
}from the start?). Insisting on using a backslash as a path

I read an article by Matthias the other day on perl-5-porters that MacPerl
also, to a limited extent, accepts / paths in require (and so, I presume,
use).  I guess that's why he didn't make the changes I proposed to
AutoLoader himeself, because they aren't necessary.  Matthias, can you tell
us what the rules are for their use?  Based on the changes you made to
AutoLoader, I take it that absolutes don't but relatives do work?

(Incidentally, if anyone active on perl-5-porters wants to pass this along,
the p5p digest is broken and hasn't sent out anything since I subscribed,
although the last time I checked the list server thinks it's an active
list.  I've been following p5p through the private news gateway that Chris
Nandor told me about.)

}
}Brian

---