Re: [MacPerl] Bug report on 5.14b1 (fwd)

mark@cheers.jsc.nasa.gov, mac-perl@iis.ee.ethz.ch
Subj:	Re: [MacPerl] Bug report on 5.14b1 (fwd)

Mark Manning wrote recently:
!
!I have as of yet to be able to find this.  Either the
!bookstore is out (B. Daltons and The BookStop) or it is on
!order.  Guess I will have to get the ISBN number and order
!it myself.  :-/

Sorry about that:

B<Mastering Regular Expressions> by Jeffrey Friedl is
also known as the "Hip Owl Book"; ISBN: 1-56592-257-3;
published by O'Reilly and Associates in January 1997
(see also http://www.ora.com/). You can, by the way, order
virtually any perl book from the perl institute:

   http://www.perl.org/

<snip>

>people's programs, I believe.  Because I'm sure I'm not the
>only person out there who has been making their programs
>look at the OS to determine what kind of separator they
>will have between subdirectory names.  So someone else who

Ah yes the directory separator.  In that case perhaps you might
very well worry about performance hits - kind of depends on what the script is
doing

While the following is probably even a worse performer than
C<if( $^O =~ /mac/i ){}> it is nonetheless yet another trick to try:

   if (grep(/\:/,@INC)) {
		$thePath = "$theDirectory:$theFile";
		}

And I haven't even mentioned C<use Config;> and %Config elements like
$Config{'osname'}, $Config{'archname'}, etc.

Peter Prymmer