Re: [MacPerl] Bug report on 5.14b1 (fwd)

Warning! Biting Sarcasm and Harsh Words ahead.

|> Those two aren't even syntactically equivalent:
|>    if($^O =~ /mac/i ) {}
|Heh.  Syntactically or not, if $^O contains "MacOS" then
|both of the commands will return true.  :-)

Ah. The "it happens to do what I want in one particular case, so who
cares if it's demonstrably wrong" argument.

|The real problem with the contains statement is if Apple
|decides to do something like OSMac for the OpenStep Mac and
|MacOS for the normal Mac Operating System.

No. The real problem with the regular expression is that it's
just plain wrong, and if you use it and your script blows up on
some future operating system, you get what you deserve.

Brian