Re: [MacPerl] time functions with MacPerl 5.1.3.r2

>I have read the several recent postings about the time formatting functions
>in timelocal.pl (warned not to use!) and Time::Local. However, I can't even
>do something as simple as getting the current system time, forget
>formatting. Example:
>
> currtime = time();
>
>When I try to use this statement I end up with an MacPerl error of:
>
># Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment, near ");"
>File '<AppleEvent>'; Line 3
># Execution of <AppleEvent> aborted due to compilation errors.
>
>Any suggestions?

You'll likely have much better results with

  $currtime = time();

[I've only tested this with MacPerl 5.1.4b1, because that's what's on this
machine...the machine with the release version is sleeping, as I shall be
soon.]

  --John

--
John Baxter (Born before ENIAC, but not by much.)
   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA