Re: [MacPerl] time functions with MacPerl 5.1.3.r2

D. Beverly wrote:

> print scalar localtime;
>
> [on my Mac, scalar localtime prints out like this, for the example
> below...]
>

> This is a quick routine to use for, say, timestamping files on your
> machine.  It's not really portable unless you know the output format for
> scalar localtime on the other machine.
>
> scalar localtime is portable everywhere, however (AFAIK).

Like they say, "there's more than one to do it. However I try to write
my scripts so they are portable without modification. That is the reason
I chose perl.

cheers,

david
David Turley
dturley@illuminet.net
Fredericksburg, VA
USA

"If you want to know what God thinks about money, just
     look at the people He gives it to."
                                     -- Old Irish Saying