[MacPerl] Bizarre CGI Problem

We have used MacPerl CGIs for about a year with no problem. Last week one
of them suddenly stopped working. There now seems to be problem with the
%ENV environment variable:

	$x = $ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'};

Before the problem started, $x contained the referring URL and nothing
else. Now there seem to be a bunch of HTTP headers along for the ride:

http://www.medinfo.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/eval.cgi?demo/test
Connection: Keep-Alive
etc...

That's right, all of the above comes from $ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'}. I've
reloaded WebStar (2.1) and MacPerl (5.1.3r2) but the problem persists. Has
anyone seen this sort of thing before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks, RR