Re: [MacPerl] re macperl 514b2 on 68K

jmf9936@is4.nyu.edu (Josh) writes:
>>> I m sorry to borrow every body with that, but...
>>>
>>> i ve a LC630 (so a 68K) i ve installed 514b2_appl and after the
>>> 514b2_cfm68k.
>>> When i launch macperl he try and die saying "can t find
>>> objectsupportlib"
>>>
>>> (cfm68K is enabled under a 7.5.5)

ObjectSupportLib, preferably version 1.2, is included in the CFM68K package.
available at http://www.macos.apple.com/macos/cfm-68k.html, as is a suitable
version of AppleScriptLib.

>>I have exactly the same setup except that I have ObjectSupportLib
>>installed, and the words of the dying app is
>>"can t find AppleScriptLib".

Is your AppleScriptLib version 1.2.2? It should be.

>>As I was under the impression that AppleScriptLib was a PPC thing,

It's a CFM thing, but if you caught too old a version, it doesn't support
CFM68K.

>My "AppleScriptLib" seems to have come with System 7.5 -- at least, that's
>the version it gives ("long version string" thingy) in the "Info" window.

This is probably version 1.1, which is too old.

>I wrote Matthias asking if
>        <URL:ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl/Beta/AS4PL.sit.bin>
>contained the needed newest version AppleScriptLib.

No, it doesn't. Sorry that military service related bandwidth restrictions
prevented me from answering you sooner.

>Anyone have 514b2_cfm68k *working*?

I'd like to hear about that as well (But I had some problems getting a viable
CFM68K installation running myself).

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground