[MacPerl] Running large cgi scripts - advice needed

OK. I was a newbie last week, but now I'm older and wiser. My first cgi
macperl script worked perfectly for clients of my mac server, after a
painful week.

Since nobody lazy should go again thru these frustrating
trial-and-errorS, I'll post a step-by-step approach for absolute
beginners as soon as I get a bit more reliable.
Newbies, look at http://www.halcyon.com/sanford/cgi/cgi-tour.html
for that kind of help (really super-clear, but not mac-specific)

Right. If I understood well, whenever you want a perl script to be
usable from the web, you have to save it  in macperl using
"save as" "cgi script"
(and not "plain text", which failed in my case)

The problem is macperl won't open 100K files, and my next cgi is 132K.
So I edit in BBedit.

BBedit Lite won't allow a
"save as" "cgi script" option. I swear I looked hard, trying all
possibilities.

So how do I do here?
-is there a way to force macperl to open the file (ram alolocation
failed)
-or how do you all do? I'm sure you make large files, no? Enlighten me;
please!

cheers, tom