[MacPerl] HELP - HTTP_REFERER Bug?!?

I have a CGI bug that started suddenly a month or two ago. I've had to use
a regex filter to work around this problem, but what I'd really like is to
fix it at the source. Here's the situation:

When I use the following line...

     $referrer = $ENV{'HTTP_REFERER'};     # 'correct' misspelling

I get the referring URL PLUS a bunch of other HTTP header info...

     http://www.medinfo.ufl.edu/test/commcgi/demo.html Connection:
     Keep-Alive User-Agent: Mozilla/2.02 (Macintosh; I; 68K) Pragma:
     no-cache Host: www.medinfo.ufl.edu Accept: image/gif,
     image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

I am using MPCGI_06Feb96 with MacPerl 5.1.3r2 and WebStar 2.1. I have
reinstalled all of these at some point in the debugging process.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

RR