Re: [MacPerl] Database locking

[Please, if at all possible, try to avoid sending MIMEd messages to the mailing
list]
Walter Hinton <red@dig-it.com> writes:
>Can anyone point me to information about locking a tied database (Using
>DB_File.pm)

Hmm. Anything you read in the standard Perl docs is not going to work on the
Mac.

>But, the Berkeley DB Faq (http://mongoose.bostic.com/db/faq.html) says:
>"Yes. DB supports locking and concurrent access. Applications using the
>standard database formats do not need to do the locking themselves, the
>access methods do it for them. "

That's DB 2.x, for which Perl support is only starting to emerge.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground