[MacPerl] New Alpha pre-release and Perl

To those of you who use Alpha to edit perl code, you might want to check
out the new beta 7.0b2 in pre-release.

Vince Darley, (of Vince's Additions fame), with help from others on the
Alpha mailing list, has put together a very nice set of improvements to
Alpha.

Things are much improved and simplified form both use and extenting alpha.

Now, most of the changes to the Perl mode have been getting it to conform
to the new scheme, but the completion routines that are part of Vince's
editions have been reworked and hold a lot of potential for perl coders.

Unfortunately, none of the contributors is has written much code, but the
template inserting facilities are easily extended by each user as is.

We would be very willing to extend the current (linited) set with
contributions, and can add any sort of completion routines that you feel
might be useful.

Pete Keleher's site (Alpha home site) contains a copy of 7.0b2 although
Vince's site holds the latest stuff (patch level 2).

You'll need a copy of 7.0 and Vince's Additions to see what I'm talking about.

<http://www.santafe.edu/~vince/pub/>

or

<ftp://ftp.cs.umd.edu/pub/faculty/keleher/Alpha/>

let us know what you think,

Tom

p.s. Thanks to Dan for his initial set of completions, we finally got
around to incorporating them/