Re: [MacPerl] first file in a folder... (fwd)

According to { brad brace }:
> Can anyone please suggest a script for this dialup shell-account user?

Well, I do not have all of the stuff here in front of me
but really all you need is a Telnet Perl capability.  I
used to do this for Magic:the Gathering cards when I wanted
to gather the average on how much a particular card would
cost me.  You really do not even need Perl to do this
though.

What you really need is Z-Term.  It has Macro capabilities
and you can set it up to do all of this for you with only a
few commands.  Using Z-Term you can use X/Y/ZModem
transfers to/from various sites (so long as they are
non-PPP connections).  Z-Term is also free.  It even does
Kermit.  :-)  Further, you can set the scripts up to handle
such things as renaming files, transferring the files,
deleting files, etc....  I think this is a much better fit
than having to go through everything in MacPerl.  Now, once
the information is on your Mac - that is another thing.
You might want to use MacPerl to handle the massaging of
the data for you.  :-)  And you can even use MacPerl to run
Z-Term so that it dials each of the various places and runs
the appropriate macro.

Just an idea or two.