Re: [MacPerl] MacPERL Performace vs. Intel Class systems (fwd)

According to Bart Lateur:
> >Paul DuBois <paul@snake.net> wrote:
> >
> >>I ran the test program on my 9600/300 and it took ... 1 second.
>
> I think this one only proves you have a large disk cache.

Does that not, then, prove that the other test was done
using a much smaller disk cache?  And would that not make
the other test just as incorrect as this one?

Maybe the answer here is to decide upon a given disk cache
size before attempting any kind of a test.  An 8k disk
cache would throttle any system where a 1024k disk cache
would greatly speed up disk I/O.  But in order to even do
this, you have to recognize that you can not ask someone
who has the memory to use something which is arbitrarily
small.  Simply to give slower results.  Why would you want
to do such a thing anyway?  Wouldn't it be better to have
the person who's system is running faster show you how to
increase the speed of your system?  Just a thought or two.
:-)