Re: [MacPerl] Re: Performace vs. Intel Class systems

At 9:48 AM -0400 10/15/97, Jamie Flournoy wrote:
>At 11:42 AM -0700 10/14/97, Mark F. Murphy wrote:
>>Are you saying you think Perl is already installed under Rhapsody?  It's
>>not like Perl is a standard part of BSD.
>
>Maybe I'm being a doofus but it definitely is a part of BSDI and FreeBSD.
>Maye it was an optional install but that counts IMHO. Were you perhaps
>being sarcastic?

No.

It's not a part of the install.  BSDI happens to bundle Perl with their
Unix.  It's not not a definate conclusion to draw that Perl *will* be
coming with Rhapsody.

All I'm asking is if anyone knows for sure if it will be bundled.  I
haven't received my Rhapsody DR1 yet... but when I do... I can verify for
sure.

mark

PowerPerl(tm),  mailto:info@powerperl.com   http://www.powerperl.com
       A product of Tyrell Software Corp.   http://www.tyrell.com