Re: [MacPerl] Re: Newlines (fwd)

(Since I am unsure if this was e-mailed or posted - I'm
posting a reply.  Sorry if it was e-mail!)

Ok, the question was basically, "Why would you ever use
Control Characters in a script?" and I replied:

	s/\012/\012\015/g;

But it was pointed out that the usage of CGI.pm would
circumvent this need.

So I say - ok, how about this:

Let's say that you want to set up a database.  And this
database is to have various fields on each record.  Each
field also can have sub-fields.  These records can contain
any standard character (ie: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and even special
characters such as :'s, /'s, and the like).  Only control
characters are not allowed.  (Automatically converted to
spaces.)  What do you use for separators?

PS: Standard ASCII characters only please.  No high-order
bit stuff either.  :-)