Re: [MacPerl] Meet the Newline, same as the old line (longish rant)

Speaking for myself, the only situations where MacPerl needs to be completely portable is when I'm programming perl CGI's that run on Mac or Unix web servers. The Mac implentation of Web - perl CGI interaction (namely, Matthais' PCGI program) automatically translates newline characters into the same ones commonly used by Unix and the Internet. So if I use \n in my scripts, I can read/write text files in the format normal for for either OS. The \n is mapped to the standard ascii character that is associated with that OS. So from my stadpoint, I would rather not map Type 1 differently, and I support keeping it the way it is.

-Dave