[MacPerl] Scalars leaked?

More 5.1.4r4 woes ... I've just run another of my existing scripts and got
the cryptic message:

	# Scalars leaked: 1

at the end of the run. This didn't happen with the previous version. It
could well be down to me doing something sloppy again, but I'd be
interested to hear any suggestions that anyone may have as to what could be
causing it. Otherwise I'm apt to wake up one morning and find myself
splashing about in several feet of leaked scalars.

angus@pobox.com                                   http://pobox.com/~angus/

 "My loathings are simple: stupidity,            [Vladimir Nabokov]
  oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."