Re: [MacPerl] usability

At 23:50 +1000 on 22/10/97, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>Karsten Meier <krstnmr@ibm.net> writes:

>>* closing the MacPerl window:
>>If a script is running, or it was ended with command-point,
>>and I try to close the MacPerl window, it just beeps.
>
>The fact that you can't close the console window while MacPerl runs is
>deliberate. I'll argue that it's a feature.

I wonder why Command+Shift+K does nothing. Then I realise the "Script" menu
has disappeared...

This is good enough to remind me that I was in the middle of running the
script. There was a suggestion that "stop script" be added to the script
menu. IMHO, having the scripts menu visible all the time would be worse,
since I might try to pick a menu item from the scripts menu, and finding
the menu doesn't drop down, hit Command+Option+Escape, assuming I've
crashed MacPerl again :-) My 68030-based Macintosh is starting to feel very
slow these days.

>>* tabs in Editor are handled like a single space.
>
>Yes, I know. ...

The MacPerl built in editor is great for on-the-spot repairs. I personally
would prefer to see Matthias devote his efforts to "porting" Perl to the
Mac, rather than building yet another text editor

Alex

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company.