Re: [MacPerl] A Little Help

At 5:41 PM -0600 12/15/97, Chris Nandor wrote:
 >I need confirmation that the CFM68K version of MacPerl can run and load
 >modules on a 68K machine on Mac OS 8 without the CFM-68K Runtime Enabler.
 >I have heard from an apparently reliable source that CFM-68K Runtime
 >Enabler is built-in to the System File and the Runtime Enabler extension
 >does not load in Mac OS 8.

This I can confirm.  I am running a Quadra 800, MacOS 8.  I have MacPerl
CFM-68K and do not have any Runtime Enabler.  I am running the version that
expands from:
     Mac_Perl_515r4_appl_cfm68K

By the way, I wish that a Get Info or the About... box would tell exactly
which version I was running.  I just had to know that I had not downloaded
the Big version and was running the CFM-68K version of MacPerl.  Other than
that, I do not know how one would tell.  I suppose size and date?