Re: [MacPerl] Document Contains No Data (fwd)

At 7:46 PM -0500 12/10/97, David Turley wrote:

} In message "[MacPerl] Document Contains No Data (fwd)", Mark Manning/Muniz
} Eng. wrote:
}
} >2. Create a new file (if you are on a Unix system) which
} >contains commands.  Make the file executable.  Then run
} >it.  The commands are:
} >
} >perl -c <filename>
} >
} >Where <filename> is the name of your perl scripts.  Run
} >this and let Perl check the syntax of your program for
} >errors.  Very handy when writing Perl programs.  If you are
} >on a Mac (and thus using MacPerl), I believe you can do
} >this under MPW.
}
} I do this by adding -c to the shebang line. I have a keyboard shortcut that
} runs macperl using Bradls plugins. Very quick and handy.

You can also check syntax with the MacPerl application without using
shebang.  Open the script, command-shift-K, or use the menu equivalent in
the Script menu.

}
} _____________________________________________________________________
} David Turley
} dturley@pobox.com
} http://www.pobox.com/~dturley
}
} "You don't want to be the only person sitting on a crocodile's back."
}                                         -- heard on a PBS nature show
} ***** Want to unsubscribe from this list?

---
Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center