Re: [MacPerl] MACPERL beginner question

At 11:52 am +0100 14.12.97, Blitz80690 wrote:
>... Whenever I write some code, I maxamize my screen ... when I get
>re-maxamize
>the code window, the title bar goes above the MacPerl title bar.  That means
>that I can't drag it back down. ... Can anybody help me with this problem?
>Is it a bug?

Are you using an older version of MacPerl? I used to see (and once
reported) this problem in the past, but I can't reproduce it with recent
versions, so I assumed Matthias must have fixed it.

Deleting the MacPerl preferences will restore the window to its default
position, but that's not perhaps ideal (since you lose your library paths
and everything else as well).

A possible workaround might be to install Kaleidoscope or Aaron, which have
the useful side-effect (over and above their UI prettifying function) of
making windows draggable by their borders. This can be quite valuable when
you're dealing with badly-behaved applications that don't do sanity checks
before placing windows.

angus@pobox.com                                   http://pobox.com/~angus/

 "The Paris slums are a gathering place for             George Orwell
  eccentric people - people who have fallen           "Down and out in
  into solitary half-mad grooves of life, and          Paris and London"
  given up trying to be normal or decent."