Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl Question...

At 13.52 12/14/97, Jon S. Jaques wrote:
>What is the best way to distribute MacPerl across a LAN without installing
>MacPerl on each Mac client?
>
>I was just considering whether or not I could just leave a MacPerl
>installation on the file server, and simply run it from there. I imagine I
>could, at the least, leave a "run-time" version on the file server, and
>execute that remotely from each Mac, which would give me the benefit of not
>having to worry about out-of-date versions residing on any of the machines,
>but I am not sure enough about how MacPerl would handle that.

What I do is install MacPerl on every machine, but point the lib directory
in the preferences to a main lib directory on the file server.  That way,
you only have to make sure the main app is updated, which is simple enough;
you can just copy the main app to every machine, without any other files.

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])