Re: [MacPerl] exec in macperl

At 1:51 PM +0200 12/20/97, andrew m. mckenzie wrote:

} ok. call me stupid or just new to the Mac version of perl, but what's the
} Mac version of "exec"? the command is in the MacPerl Perl commands page,
} and gives a humorous message if I try to use it, but no indication of what
} I should do.

There isn't one.  About the closest in concept is MacPerl::DoAppleScript
followed by an exit().  MacOS isn't Unix, so don't rely on the Unix
fork/exec model working.

}
} thanks in advance for any answers
}