Re: [MacPerl] Default text file creator type

At 00.00 12/26/97, Xah Lee wrote:
>It's probably *the right thing* to default the creator type of created
>text files to TeahText.
>
>Personally, I prefer BBEdit. User settable is of course desired.

You can change it in GU·I resource ID 10240 with ResEdit.  For historical
reasons, they are MPW files.  But you can change it to anything you want
quite easily.  Make sure you make a backup of your MacPerl app before you
do it, of course, but it is really quite simple.

I could make a MacPerl script to do it, but it would have to be a runtime,
since the app cannot be running while you change the resource fork of the
app.  Seems easier just to do it yourself with ResEdit.  I have mine set to
TEXT/R*ch.  TEXT/ttxt or TEXT/McPL are just as easy to do with my QWERTY
keyboard.  ;-)

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])