Re: [MacPerl] taint checks and CGI.pm

At 00.15 12/29/97, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
>Try setting PERL5LIB on a Unix box or in your MacPerl environment editor
>and then print out @INC. On my Sun, for example, /usr/local/lib/perl5 gets
>magically expanded to include not only that directory but the architecture
>specific directories as well. Similarly, on my Performa, "The Black Pits:
>Applications: MacPeri :lib:" puts not only that folder into @INC but
>:lib:MacPPC: as well. So there's no need to go to an. extra effort to get
>the architecture specific library folder into @INC, because it happens
>automatically The only place I've noticed this doesn't happen is when @INC
>is set in the script itself. Maybe it doesn't happen when tainting is on
>as well. Matthais can't rely on absolute paths, but he can always force
>MacPerl to work only when the relative path to :lib is unchanged.

Ah, I see.  Yes.  When tainting is on, the arch-specific library does not
get included.

However, one solution here might be to hardcode the library eventually.
You may notice that a site_perl directory is hardcoded, so perhaps the main
lib can be, too; but that would require a lib directory to be in the same
directory as the app, which is not always the case.

So even if that DID happen, some people would have to use the BEGIN block
method (those that do not keep the app and lib together, perhaps because
lib is on a server).

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])