[MacPerl] desktop files' path

Brian L. Matthews <blm@halcyon.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, all this does is get you the desktop folder on the volume
> the script is on, which may or may not be the same desktop folder as
> another file on the desktop. (And assuming it's called 'Desktop Folder',
> which isn't always true either.)

How about:

use Mac::Files;

my $DESKTOP = FindFolder(kOnSystemDisk, kDesktopFolderType);

This gives you the currently _active_ desktop folder. If you need other
volumens, just modify the kOnSystemDisk to be a volume number. This
shouldn't care for the name of the desktop folder more than the MacOS
does.

I use something like this to trash files instead of unlink them.

my $TRASH = FindFolder(kOnSystemDisk, kTrashFolderType);
FSpCatMove($file, $TRASH);

bye, Georg