Re: [MacPerl] taint checks and CGI.pm

At 09.32 12/28/97, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
>First, it makes sense to me in a Unix security way that use works and
>require doesn't. use is compile time, require run time. It makes sense
>that nothing from the environment is trusted, since Joe User can set his
>own environment.

Right.  Are you saying MacPerl need not be this way?  Perhaps so, but that
requires a change to the MacPerl code rather than a simple Perl solution,
if possible.  Maybe at some point we can determine the best way to approach
this specifically for MacPerl, but for now, this seems to do the job.

>And finally, why all the effort to get the system specific library folder
>into @INC, when, as they use to say in the Ragu commercials (*), "It's in
>there"? In the library paths box or in PERL5LIB, any mention of :MacPerl
>:lib: gets automagically expanded to include the appropriate system
>specific library (just as it does on Unix).

I am not sure I follow ... in Unix perl, the path to the main libraries is
hardcoded into the binary.  This is not the case with MacPerl.  I don't
know if that answers the question.

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])